Sunday, June 05, 2005

First camping trip

First thing is first. Thank God it has cabins!

Friday after work, myself and Uncle Len, drove Sarah to her first camp. Yes, it is only Friday evening till Sunday afternoon, but a good start to try and get Sarah into the camping thing.

Three leaders and ten little girls all sleeping to gether in a nice cabin! Unfortunatley, this Girl Guide Camp has thing against men. I offered my services and volunteered to stay with them for the weekend, but NO MEN allowed. I was distraught!

Dropped off Sarah on Friday, she just ran away as I stood there trying to say good-bye. No problems yet!

I was heading up to the lake so, forward the phone for emergency calls. Next thing you know Sunday morning rolls around and it's pick up time. Not a single problem. She had fun, but she looked exhausted.

Sunday evening at home, as I was installing the air conditioner, came downstairs to find Sarah fast asleep, half on and half off the couch at 5:30pm.

Asked if she wants to go for a week or two during the summer..."NO, 2 days is long enough, too many mosquitos!"

No comments: